The goal of this letter is to help more people with disabilities make their own
decisions about their health.
This letter can be used as a supported decision-making agreement. A supported decision-making agreement is a form that describes when you want help to make your own decisions. It also says who you want to help you.
People First is an organization made up of self-advocates who are individuals with disabilities speaking up for themselves. They are a cross disability, volunteer organization that focuses on creating change for people with disabilities that will improve lives.
The National Council of Self-Advocates is the voice of self-advocates across all of The Arc’s work.
We look to:
- Engage self-advocates from diverse communities
- Help chapters support self-advocates
- Create opportunities for self-advocates to network and learn from one another
- Raise awareness about self-advocacy in NCSA member communities
We need you! Help us by:
- Sharing your expertise and furthering your knowledge on monthly calls on important self-advocacy topics
- Informing the work of The Arc’s national office and chapters by sharing how the programs being developed can support self-advocates